Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring Fever

Its that time of year again, when the sun starts to shine, the birds begin to chirp, and the school decides to cancel all my classes because of midterms. After 2 classes this afternoon, I will have no classes for 10 days. I will be participating in my schools fashion show on friday afternoon, but thats it. Shout out to Casey and Matt and all the other stars of the Garfield '02 sophomore fashion show. What What?? Dont want ya! dont need ya! dont care for ya!

During the break I am going to Hangzhou and Suzhou, both of which are up north near Shanghai. There is a Chinese saying - In heaven there is paradise, on earth there is Hangzhou. A bit pretentious, but this place is supposed to be pretty cool, and I plan on finding out if the saying is true. I'll actually be hanging out in Shenzhen for the weekend, make some money tutoring, attend a pro football match, get my drink on at this beer garden/incredible barbecue restaurant that we just found, get in some hours at bigboxstore.com on monday, and fly out on tuesday. Hard to complain about life in China these days. Ive been having an awesome time lately, and feel like I might want to return. Most days at the end I just have to sit back and say - man, what a great day. I am definitely homesick, but one thing I do not miss is job hunting in America.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope to see pictures of your fashion show.
Also, just wanted to say I really like the picture of you and Mike post-mud bath. Hope you are well.

PS: I can't believe you don't remember me staring in the fashion show with Derrick Lowe and Kristina and myself's number with Nate Greene.

Unknown said...

Danny,

Congrats on the part-time gig!

Look up us staties when you get home. We may need your bat in the Baby Blue line up!

C